Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Onslow Pregnancy Resource Center


Thank you to everyone for giving Shelia Judon a warm MOPS welcome today! Your questions were great and the picture frames look beautiful.

For those of you who weren't able to make it to today's meeting, Shelia is the executive director of the Onslow Pregnancy Resource Center, a pro-life Christian ministry that reaches out to girls and women in unplanned pregnancies. The center offers free services that include pregnancy tests, options counseling, abstinence education, material needs, and post-abortion counseling. It is a nonprofit organization that is funded by churches, businesses and individual donors. Although their mission is to prevent abortion, their first priority is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with their clients.

Clients who come into the center meet with one-on-one with a trained counselor who shares information about fetal development and the abortion procedure. Many clients do not know that the baby's sex is determined from day one of conception and that the baby has a heartbeat on day 20. Counselors also explain the physical, emotional, and spiritual effects of abortion. They often will share these passages from Psalms:

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

The counselors care for each client, and they pray they make a decision for life.

Onslow Pregnancy Resource Center is always seeking volunteers and prayer warriors, and also have several fundraising opportunities. For more information, call 910-938-7000, email at oprc4hope@yahoo.com or go to

No comments:

Post a Comment